Generally, we collect your information whenever you decide to interact with us. This could include when you do some of the following:
Register on our site or create an account
Place an order
Sign up for for our newsletters
What information do we collect and how?
We only collect the information that’s necessary to ship the orders received via website.
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you sign up to our newsletter, create an account with us or place an order online, we need to collect following information to process orders
First and last name
Collection & Delivery address
** We do not store any payment card details on our website. All payments are directly processed by the merchant bank.
How do we protect your information?
As an ethical Business, we will never share, sell, rent or trade your personally identifiable information to any third parties without your prior consent.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems.
It is sometimes necessary for us to allow external parties access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf. We make sure anyone who provides a service for Bagsahead Ltd enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We may share your details with:
Service providers who work on behalf of Bagsahead Ltd for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example payment processing, courier and mail delivery providers, marketing agencies, website hosting or email delivery service
Third party advertisers (such as Facebook or Google) to help us identify customers similar to our audience or to serve relevant adverts to you on third party websites.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
Changes to our policy
Terms & Conditions
All activities of Bagsahead Ltd are undertaken subject to these terms and conditions. These govern the terms of our services, which we offer and provide.
In these Conditions the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
- Consignment/Package/Goods/Luggage/Parcel/Box et al: The contents of which are sent by any of our services to an individual address.
- Service Provider: The various sub contracted service providers we use to carry out our services.
- Prohibited Goods: The items designated as such in accordance with Paragraph 11.
- UK: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Isles of Scilly.
- UK deliveries: Any deliveries to an address in the UK.
- We/Us: Bagsahead Ltd having its’ registered office at Terminal Road, Cargo Centre, Birmingham Airport, West Midlands B26 3QT. We trade as “Bagsahead”.
- Working Day: This means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday, Bank or Public Holiday, Good Friday, Christmas Day and any other day on which the respective service provider may be closed. It also means only the equivalent in the country of destination or any intermediate country.
- Weight: Actual weight in Kgs or Lbs.
- Volumetric Weight: Volumetric weight is calculated by multiplying the three dimensions of the Goods in centimetres and dividing by 5000.
- You/Customer: The person or persons placing the order for delivery of a consignment.
- 2.1 We may procure any or all of our services as an agent or may provide them directly as a principal.
- 2.2 You are deemed to have contracted with us as a principal for the performance of the services whether we provide them as principal or as an agent. We have full discretion to either perform the services directly or to subcontract the whole or any part of the services to third parties.
- 2.3 Where we act as an agent for you we are entitled to enter into all contracts on your behalf as may be necessary to fulfill your order and subject to the terms and conditions of such third party.
- 2.4 We may exercise discretion as to the means, route and procedure to be followed in the handling, storage and transportation of the Goods.
- 2.5 We are entitled to be paid and retain all brokerage, commissions, allowances and other remuneration customarily paid to or retained by service provider booking services.
- 2.6 We do not accept orders from commercial re-sellers unless they are such authorised by Bagsahead Ltd. This is described further in paragraph 12 below. We reserve the right to cancel any orders placed by any unauthorised re-sellers or suspected re-sellers. If this does happen, the terms of paragraph 5 shall apply to such cancelled orders.
3. Delivery time
- 3.1 All delivery times are given as estimates and are not guaranteed. Customers must be aware that unforeseen delays can occur for a number of reasons. Bagsahead will monitor all shipments. If a delivery attempt is made no one is available at the destination address, a second attempt will be made free of charge.
- 3.2 Wherever customs/security officials of any origin or destination country check any items being shipped/delivered, Bagsahead will make every attempt to ensure that luggage can be delivered as per the estimated delivery date. However by agreeing to our terms and conditions you accept that delays may occur due to such customs and other checks. You will not receive any compensation and/or discounted rates arising from such delay, unless agreed with us post delivery. (This will include where customs require you to visit an office to clear or collect an item). Any additional duties or other fees levied by any Customs authority will be payable by the customer in accordance with paragraph 6.9.3 below.
4. Size and weight restrictions and subsequent charges
- 4.1 All of our luggage items are priced according to the following maximum weight or dimensional weight for that chosen product item. (Larger items of course can be sent, but you will charged on the volumetric weight see 4.2)
- 1-15kg box or bag or 65cms x 40cms x 28cms (volumetric weight 15kgs)
- 16-30kg box or bag or 85cms x 50cms x 35cms (volumetric weight 30kgs)
- Golf Clubs 23kgs or 140cms x 35cms x 35cms (volumetric weight 34.5kgs)
- Ski/Snowboard 20kgs or 190cms x 30cms x 20cms (volumetric weight 23kgs)
- Bike bag or box 15kgs 130cms x 90cm x 30cms (volumetric weight 70kgs)
- Surfboard 15kgs or 190cms x 50cms x 20cms (volumetric weight 38kgs)
Any dimensions in excess of the above will attract a higher charge due to the volumetric weight. You can change dimensions around. If you do change these dimensions around, your item must not excess the volumetric weight in order for you not to be charged extra. No individual dimension can exceed 220cms.
- 4.2 Getting the size of your luggage correct is very important when using Bagsahead. We are unique in that we offer a fixed price, based on whichever is the greater, weight or size.
- If your item is large, but doesn’t weigh very much at all, we charge you for the size. This is classed and calculated as “volumetric weight”.
- It is simple to calculate the volumetric weight of your items as follows:
- 1. Multiply the Length, Depth and Width of your item together – (cm)
- 2. Then divide that number by 5000 and the figure you will get is the volumetric weight.
For e.g., 140cm x 85cm x 35cm = 416,500. Then divide by 5000 = 83.3 kilos
- 4.3 In relation to online reservations, we have no limit to the aggregate weight of a multi-package consignments. Individual items physical weight must not exceed 30kg on UK services and 68Kgs on all other services.
- 4.4 Overweight items may be refused for collection or delivery; this may cause delays to your order and/or incur cancellation fees or additional fees if accepted for collection/delivery.
- 4.5 Size restrictions – the longest side/dimension of a single package must not exceed 220cm. Any dimension over 120cm will incur an extra fee on international services and over 150cm on UK services, with exception of Golf, Ski/Snow, Bike and Surfboard where we have included this charge. There may also be restrictions on size imposed by origin/destination countries.
- 4.6 Any deviation to the size and weight restrictions set out above may lead to delays and your payment card will be charged an additional surcharge. All additional charges will be passed on to the customer within 30 working days of delivery.
- 4.7 If your item is overweight or oversized you will be charged the excess volume or excess weight accordingly. A handling fee may also be applied. Payment as per 4.6
- 4.8 By accepting these terms and conditions you also give us the permission to charge your debit/credit card for any weight discrepancies or extra charges. These may be charged to us by our agents or suppliers for the supply of incorrect information at the time of your booking (including regarding the number of items). If we are unable to automatically charge your card we will notify you in writing and you will be required to pay us the stated sum within 7 days. Failure to make payment may result in additional recovery costs being incurred. In light of this, these costs shall be the responsibility of the customer.
5. Confirmation and cancellation
- 5.1 After you place your order online an order number will be displayed on screen (and emailed for your records). This is confirming your order, which will be verified by our processing team. Your order has not been accepted at this stage and may still be cancelled. Following this verification you will receive your final booking email and associated documentation. This is then confirmation of an accepted booking. If you fail to receive the email please contact us our Customer Service Team.
- 5.2 At any time up until your order is accepted, confirmed and booked you may cancel your order by contacting our Customer Service Team (by telephone or online chat only). We will confirm your order has not been accepted and this will generate a 100% refund.
- 5.3 You may cancel your order at any point after booking confirmation but prior to collection by contacting our customer services team. This will generate a 90% refund in the form of an account credit, which may be used against future orders. If the additional cancellation cover fee has been selected and paid for, you may cancel your order at any point right up until collection for 100% refund.
- 5.4 You may modify basic details of your order only until the time it has been accepted, confirmed and booked providing such modifications would not alter the total order value. Any modification that reduces the order value will be treated as a cancellation in accordance with clause 5.2.
- 5.5 Once an order has been accepted, booked and confirmed you cannot modify your order and any such modifications will result in the order being cancelled and a new order will be required.
6. Packaging, labelling and collection
- 6.1 You are responsible for providing us with a full and accurate collection address and any other information for the collection and/or delivery of Goods. You equally agree to make the baggage available at this collection address on your chosen collection date between the hours of 0900 – 1700. In addition, you agree to ensure the correct item is handed to the driver. Upon request and for security purposes, you agree to open luggage items and permit the collecting driver to check for prohibited items. Furthermore, your collection must take place from an easily accessible location; the driver must be able to drive within 25m of the collection point; the collection point must be accessible to the public. The driver will arrive at the address, knock the door and expect the items to be present. If no one is present or the address is inaccessible i.e. access card/key required they will leave and no refund will be offered. The driver will attempt the collection a second time and in light of this, you may be charged a small at our discretion. You should contact our customer service team to arrange this by phone. You shall indemnify us for non-delivery and late delivery of consignments due to (i) your providing incorrect information and (ii) persons not being present at specified addresses for the collection and delivery of Goods. For EU collections outside of the UK you must provide a local telephone number, whilst the Bagsahead service does not include a phone call prior to collection as standard, in some locations this number may occasionally be used by the collection depot to confirm collection details, a UK mobile with an international extension is not an acceptable local number.
- 6.2 On occasion, some collections may take place earlier in the day, later in the day or the day after your chosen date, this could be due to traffic, illness and other unforeseen events beyond our control. We will always try and notify you in such circumstances but this may not always be possible.
- 6.3 You must ttach the provided label from your booking confirmation securely on your item/s in such a way that it cannot be easily removed. We also highly recommend a second copy should be placed inside each item of luggage. You should ensure no old labels or any tag bearing any other tracking number or address other than the delivery address is visible on your items; and for international services, attach a packing list and customs form we provide, visibly and separately from the tracking label.
- 6.4 You must ensure the description and particulars of any Goods are full and accurate. Any incorrect or inaccurate descriptions may result in refusal to accept the items for carriage or a delay to the shipment. Any costs incurred due to incorrect information will be required to be passed on to you.
- 6.5 You must ensure all Goods have been packaged in a manner appropriate to the characterizations of the Goods and their transportation with suitable protective material encasing the Goods to prevent damage. Please remember the packaging is invariably there to protect the contents. Your items must be thoroughly packaged and must be able to fall approximately 150 cm or slide down a sorting chute without being damaged. The packaging must be sufficient to hold the weight packed, in particular you must ensure handles and other elements are designed to withstand the packed weight. Your consignment will be passing through automated systems including conveyor belts and the packaging should therefore be robust. Automated systems cannot recognize and adhere to orientation markings such as “this way up” or “fragile” stickers. Your bag may be stacked with other items. We recommend appropriate packaging including a double walled cardboard box or suitcase with individual items wrapped in bubble wraps and secured inside the package. Plastic bags and plastic boxes are not ideal or suitable forms of packaging. We recommend musical instruments and sporting equipment such as golf clubs, bicycles, and skis should be placed in purpose made hard-shelled, fitted freight cases and secured therein.
Packaging boxes, cases and covers may suffer damage in transit and where suitcases or bags are used to carry Goods such suitcases and bags must also be encased in a protective material to prevent damage. If a suitcase or bag is not suitably protected we shall not be liable for any damage whatsoever to such suitcase or bag. We strongly advise against using high-value luggage for transportation and luggage with protruding items such as wheels.
We shall have no liability for damage caused to protruding parts such as wheels, straps, pockets, pull handles, name labels or other items attached to baggage.
Where any Goods are not properly packaged and protected we shall have no liability for any damage caused to the packaging or the Goods or for the loss of any contents due to failure of the packaging.
- 6.6 You shall keep us indemnified from and against: –
- 6.6.1 All liability, loss, damage, costs and expenses whatsoever (including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, all duties, taxes, imposts, levies, deposits and outlays of whatsoever nature levied by any authority in relation to the goods) arising out of our acting in accordance with your instructions or arising from any breach by you of any warranty contained in these Conditions or from your negligence;
- 6.6.2 Without derogation from clause 6.6.1 above, any liability assumed or incurred by us when by reason of carrying out your instructions we have reasonably become liable or may become liable to any other party; and
- 6.6.3 All claims, costs and demands whatsoever and by whomsoever made or preferred in excess of the liability of Bagsahead under the terms of these Conditions regardless whether such claims, costs and demands arise from or in connection with the negligence or breach of duty of Bagsahead, its servants, sub-contractors or agents.
- 6.7 You shall pay to us in cash (or as otherwise agreed) all sums immediately when due without reduction on account of any claim, counterclaim or set-off.
- 6.8. You shall be responsible for all freight, duties, charges or other expenses incurred by us in respect of any consignment.
- 6.9 International shipping and customs
- 6.9.1 All luggage items being shipped internationally must remain unlocked for Customs and security purposes. Any locks will be broken by customs officials and we shall not be liable for such loss. You recognise that your items may be opened, inspected or seized by international customs authorities and we shall incur no liability as a result of that. You also acknowledge they are entitled by local laws to open and search such luggage.
- 6.9.2 In respect of international deliveries, you shall fully complete, prepare, sign (as appropriate) and attach all documentation as required by customs authorities in the UK and the destination country. Packing lists and customs forms must be attached in a separate wallet from the tracking label and must be attached in such a way to ensure they are clearly visible. Failure to do so may result in customs clearance delays and/or loss/damage to the Goods for which we bear no responsibility. You agree to present any and all information and documentation requested by a customs authority, or by a service provider or broker under instructions from a customs authority, in order to clear your package through customs.
- 6.9.3 Any additional duties or other fees levied by any Customs authority will be payable by the customer and by accepting these terms and conditions you accept you will be contacted to make any additional payment on your debit/credit card for any duties or fees that may be charged to us by such customs authority in respect of your Goods within 7 days.
Failure to make payment may result in additional recovery costs being incurred, which shall ultimately be the responsibility of the customer.
- 6.9.4 Where the Bagsahead service is used to send commercial items it is highly likely the relevant Customs authority will impose additional charges and these will be payable by the customer in accordance with paragraph 6.9.3.
- 6.9.5 Should your consignment be stopped by customs or enter a clearance event at any point be aware it may take customs some time to process any payment or supplementary information you provide, typical turnaround is 1-3 working days but this time frame can be exceeded. Once payment and supplementary information is provided and your item is officially cleared, it can take some time for your item to re-enter the delivery network and be processed on the correct cycle for delivery, typical turnaround is 1-3 working days but this time frame can be exceeded.
- 6.9.6 In the event that a Customs authority seizes any Goods for any reason they shall be deemed delivered by Bagsahead and we shall have no further liability to the Customer in respect of those Goods. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay any duties, fines or levies imposed by such authority and procure their collection or onward delivery following such seizure.
- 6.10 Additional Items
- 6.10.1 You agree to ensure the correct items are handed directly to the collecting driver. You agree to cover all costs for any additional items presented above and beyond the number of items indicated at the time of booking. In the case of cancellation you agree to ensure the items are not presented to a collecting driver, should the items be presented you will be billed in full. Payment will be taken in accordance with Paragraph 4.6.
- 7.1 Customers are responsible for providing us with a full and accurate delivery address. The delivery point must be accessible to the public and the driver must be able to park within 25m of this point. Customers must have someone available at this address between the normal delivery hours of 09.00 – 17.00 on the expected delivery day. It is accepted that deliveries may take place outside of these hours. With regard to new build locations it is essential that you confirm the address is known to local service providers and has received deliveries and handled collections previously.
- 7.2 If our service provider cannot deliver the package through no error on their part (inaccessible, no one present etc.) a second attempt may be made, usually the next day. If there is nobody present at the supplied delivery address then our agents may, at their discretion, attempt to deliver the consignment to an alternative address being either a neighboring address or a local post office branch. In such an event, a delivery card will be left at the delivery address specifying the details of delivery at any alternative address. In the case of a delivery to a local post office branch it is the responsibility of the customer to collect the item. If the item is returned to the post office branch you may also be able to call them (on the number provided on your delivery card) to arrange a redelivery – there may be a charge for this service. Any resulting service provider charge will be billed to the customer up to 30 days after delivery – settlement will be required within 7 days. If the item is not collected or redelivered within 7 days of the original delivery date, the item may be returned to the sender address, any resulting loss or damage to your item at this stage is no longer covered by any discretionary compensation that we may offer. Any charge resulting from a return to sender will be billed to the customer – and charged automatically in accordance with Paragraph 4.4.
- 7.3 Bagsahead and its service provider agents are not obliged to accept instructions to redirect a consignment to an alternative address on delivery to the address specified in the order. If such instructions are accepted the alternative address will be deemed the delivery address for the purpose of these terms and conditions. In the case of redirection additional charges may apply and will be charged in accordance with Paragraph 4.4.
- 7.4 If the delivery is made to an alternative address in the circumstances described in either paragraphs 7.2 or 7.3 above this shall be deemed as if the consignment was delivered to the delivery address for the purpose of these terms and conditions. Liability of Bagsahead shall wholly cease upon such delivery.
- 7.4.1 Any signature at your appointed delivery address constitutes safe delivery of your item and that we or our agents are in no way responsible for the item once signed for. We nor any of our agents shall be liable in respect of any Consignment delivered to the delivery address or other address specified by the recipient, where any person misrepresents his authority to receive the Consignment on the recipient’s or Customer’s behalf; or where our agents are delivering it in accordance with instructions from, or purporting to be from the recipient or the Customer.
- 7.5 International Deliveries
- 7.5.1 You must provide an available local contact number for international deliveries.
If you provide an incorrect address or your delivery address is unobtainable we will contact you with instructions how to contact the service provider directly. If you fail to contact them your item may be returned to the collection address and any return charges will be applied under the same conditions as in 4.6. You should monitor your package via tracking and contact the service provider if an item is held, delayed or has stopped tracking.
When providing an international delivery address the customer must ensure it is a known standard delivery address, if it is a commercial address you must ensure that it regularly receives deliveries and handled collections. Providing a generic address of a cruise line at a port for example will likely not be sufficient.
- 7.5.2 International service charges cover carriage only, any extra charges arising due to customs delays, import or export taxes are the responsibility of the customer and must be paid by the customer. It is not usually necessary to supply value information for personal effects travelling within the EU and we will not request you to do so, however if you choose to send non standard excess baggage items which may be seen as commercial it is possible that customs may apply a charge, the customer is entirely responsible for paying this charge in accordance with paragraph 6.9.3. You are responsible for ensuring the items they are sending to a country are not restricted. When required the customer is responsible for providing an accurate description and value of contents in order for customs documentation to be completed accurately
- 7.5.3 By sending any “non standard excess baggage” items, which may not constitute personal effects on international services, international customs may apply charges, which the customer will be responsible to pay.
- 7.5.4 In addition to our standard prohibited items list you will adhere to any additional restrictions imposed by the collection or destination country.
- 7.5.5 The customer is responsible for completing the appropriate documentation required for their particular package to pass through any border control that it may be subjected to. The customer recognises that failure to fully complete and sign any customs declarations may result in customs clearance delays and/or loss or damage to a consignment for which sendmybag.com or its’ agents bears no responsibility. The customer further agrees to accede to any rights of international custom authorities or employees of Bagsahead or its agents, on instruction from the former, to inspect any package or open any package for inspection.
- 7.5.6 Under no circumstances hand a bag to a driver without a Bagsahead tracking label attached. Failure to follow our guidance for attaching labels and customs documentation may lead to delay or even loss. Copies of Labels are available from our Customer Services Team and can be emailed to you upon request. If you have any difficulties printing your label contact us as it may be possible to send them to you via post.
- If you complete a manual label directly with a service provider driver you are entering a new contract for a different service and you could be liable for additional costs. In the case of completing an express service label you will be charged the difference between economy and express. Service providers collect for a wide range of other customers and are not in a position to advise you, you must follow the instructions sent to you by email from Bagsahead. If you do not have the Bagsahead labels ready you should always turn the driver away and contact Bagsahead.
Charges will be applied in the way as applied in Paragraph 4.4.
- 7.5.7 Your international delivery’s transit times and charges are quoted based on the details provided, should you fail to provide a postcode in the internationally recognised format for any country you may not be made aware of additional transit times or costs to your specific location. No details other than the postcode should be entered in the postcode box when placing your order. Additional charges when due will be collected in accordance with paragraph 4.4.
- 7.5.1 You must provide an available local contact number for international deliveries.
If delivery of the Goods or any part hereof is not taken by the recipient at the time and place when / where we are entitled to make delivery, we shall be entitled to stop the Goods or any part thereof. This will be at the sole risk of the customer whereupon the liability of Bagsahead in respect of the Goods so stored shall cease and the customer shall be liable for the costs of such storage if paid by us or any agent. Conversely, customers are responsible for ensuring that all items are fit for storage e.g. vacuum-sealed etc. Furthermore you will need to confirm the Goods do not contain perishable items.
8. Delay and subsequent liability
- 8.1 We do not and are unable to provide any guarantees as to date or time of delivery.
Note that most delays are due to customers failing to label their packages correctly or for failing to weigh the goods properly or for failing to complete documentation fully. If a package is undeliverable it will be returned to the collection address. A cancellation charge will be levied in addition to any return charges imposed by the service provider.
No expenses will be paid if holiday baggage is delayed. All customers are strongly advised to purchase travel insurance to protect them from such an event and ensure luggage is sent in a timely manner in advance.
9. Liability for loss or damage to a package
- 9.1 We are in no way responsible for the loss of, or damage to any package or its contents. We move luggage in a variety of ways and focus only on using large reputable, multi national service providers, airlines and transport providers. Therefore loss or damage is rare. To avoid damage to your package’s contents please be mindful that our service providers treat every package with care but your package will be loaded and unloaded by human hands many times on its journey.
- 9.2 Your package will be under the control and responsibility of our appointed service provider from collection until delivery, in whatever form in accordance with Paragraph 7, takes place.
- 9.3 In the case of a non-tracking item you will provide us with an accurate description of your bag and contents within 7 days. Upon receipt a recovery process will be initiated with the service provider, which will continue no longer than 28 days after the estimated delivery date.
- 9.4 We accept no liability for loss or damage to any Goods booked through Bagsahead by an unauthorised re-seller.
10. Insurance, liability and discretionary compensation
- 10.1 You are responsible for ensuring you have sufficient insurance cover in place and often customers will find they are already covered by their home or travel insurance policy. In addition if you are sending valuable sports equipment specialist insurance should be in place. We strongly advise you to inform your insurer before travelling or sending Goods to ensure you have adequate protection.
- 10.2 We shall perform our duties with a reasonable degree of care, diligence, skill and judgment.
- 10.3 We shall be relieved of liability for any loss or damage if and to the extent that such loss or damage is caused by:-
- 10.3.1 Strike, lock-out, stoppage or restraint of labour, Customs delay, the consequences of which we are unable to avoid by the exercise of reasonable diligence; or
- 10.3.2 Any cause or event which we are unable to avoid and the consequences whereof we are unable to prevent by the exercise of reasonable diligence; or
- 10.3.3 the failure of our customer to adhere to the terms and conditions set out in these Conditions
- 10.4 We accept no liability for loss arising from delays in collection or delivery of Goods.
- 10.5 Our liability for loss of or damage to Goods shall be limited to the amount of any discretionary compensation as detailed in clause 10.7 below.
- 10.6 We shall not in any circumstances whatsoever be liable for indirect or consequential loss such as (but not limited to) loss of profit, loss of market or the consequences of delay or deviation however caused.
- 10.7 We may offer discretionary complimentary compensation of £75.00 per shipment. This may be increased up to a maximum of £1500 by paying the appropriate fee during booking. Compensation will not be offered for: –
- Any item prohibited under 11.5 of these terms;
- Non standard personal effects shipments i.e. items which are not usually found in a suitcase;
- Items we advise customers not to use our service to transport or which we advise are sent at the customers’ risk including but not limited to, glass, porcelain, all electrical goods (Including but not limited to, Camera, TVs, HIFIs, Mobile Phones, Tablet Computers, Laptop Computers, Printers and Personal Computers), Valuables including but not limited to Jewellery; Please see our prohibited items list
- Liquid damage;
- Loss suffered when goods have been signed for received at the address, refused delivery at the address or the address has been found to be incomplete and the recipient has not responded to contact;
- Loss suffered when goods have not been collected;
- Damage or loss suffered when goods have not been packaged or labeled appropriately in accordance with our terms.
- Damage or loss arising from the following circumstances will also not be covered under the complimentary compensation:
- Acts of God
- Consequence of War or Terrorism
- Prohibited Contents
- In the event that we make an offer of compensation for any Goods it shall be at our discretion to offer the lower of the original value, the current replacement value of the Goods or, where applicable, the cost to repair or reinstate the Goods.
- Where a suitcase is used as packaging for the transportation of Goods, it must be encased in a protective material to prevent damage. In these cases, the maximum discretionary compensation that will be offered for any damage to a suitcase used as packaging will be £60.00
- 10.8 Making a claim for compensation
- In order for us to consider a claim we must be provided with the information detailed below. Note that if you have used insufficient packaging (6.5), not securely attached labels (6.3) in such a way that they cannot peel off or attached the wrong labels compensation will cover will not be offered.
- If you have not provided an accurate description of the bag and contents within 7 days of the item stopping tracking in order to allow Bagsahead to complete necessary recovery searches compensation will not be offered.
- In order for us to consider any claim for compensation; in the case of damage you must inform Bagsahead, in writing. This must be within 7 days of delivery of the Goods. If a loss you must inform Bagsahead, in writing, of the non delivery of your item within 7 days of the estimated delivery date. In order for us to consider any claim for compensation; within 28 days of the shipment date you must provide Bagsahead with and include in the claim:-.
- The signed proof of collection or a written statement confirming the item was personally handed to the driver. In the case of the item not being handed over personally, a fully completed signed copy of Bagsahead non personal hand over form must be returned to us directly by the person you entrusted with your item. Further proof of collection may be require;
- Written confirmation the item has not been received and in the case of communal residences all residents at the delivery address confirms the same, in the case of Hotels, Student Halls and Places of business all employees who may accept deliveries confirm the same;
- Original receipts or other proof of purchase for contents at or above the claim value;
- A signed statement of acknowledging your claim is accurate.
- If you cannot provide receipts but Bagsahead accepts your claim then compensation will be limited to a maximum of 50% of your claim upon the submission of online shop links indicating value.
- We may request additional information and/or evidence in order to properly assess your claim.
- In the case of damage to Goods you must keep the package and its contents in the condition in which it arrived. You agree to let a third party examine and report back on the damage.
- No new claim for damage will be considered 28 days after the collection date of the package. No new claim for loss will be considered 28 days after the estimated delivery date.
- No open claim for damage where additional information has been requested will be considered 8 weeks after the collection date of the package. No new claim for loss were additional information has been requested will be considered 8 weeks after the estimated delivery date.
- 10.9 Where you are also claiming under any policy of insurance for the loss of or damage to Goods then any compensation awarded by Bagsahead must be notified to your insurer. They may deduct this amount from the amount they may pay to you.
- 10.10 We shall not offer any discretionary compensation where a booking has been made through an unauthorised re-seller.
- 10.11 As standard valid claims will be paid in GBP to a UK bank account with no processing fee. If you require your claim to be paid to an account outside of the UK any bank fees incurred will be deducted from the total payable.
11. Prohibited items
- 11.1 The customer agrees to abide by the list of prohibited items provided by us and our agents and that he/she will not attempt to send any goods contained in this listing. The combined lists are not exhaustive and Bagsahead Ltd retains the right to add any item to this list in keeping with current legislation.
- 11.2 You agree you will not send anything, which may be construed as illegal in any way. For example, prohibited or stolen items. If you are unsure if an item may be prohibited contact the Bagsahead Customer Services team before sending.
- 11.3 Without prior notice or agreement, we will not accept or deal with goods listed in 11.5. Should any Customer nevertheless deliver any such goods to us or cause us or service providers to handle or deal with any such goods we shall be under no liability whatsoever for or in connection with such goods howsoever arising.
- 11.4, Without prior notice or agreement we will not accept or deal with goods of a dangerous or damaging nature. Nor with goods likely to harbor or encourage vermin or other pests, nor with goods liable to taint or affect other goods. If such goods are accepted pursuant to a special arrangement and then in our opinion they constitute a risk to other goods, property, life or health. We shall where reasonably practicable contact the Customer, but reserve the right at the expense of the Customer to remove or otherwise deal with the goods.
- 11.5 Customers are not allowed to pack or ship prohibited items as listed below: –
- Aerosols (all kinds, Hairspray, Deodorant etc.)
- Aftershaves / Perfumes / Fragrances
- Alcoholic Drinks or bottles
- Ammunition of any kind
- Animals of Any Kind (Dead or Alive)
- Any Items Containing Petrol (Liquid, Gas or Fumes)
- Biological Samples
- Car Batteries
- Cash & Cards (Credit / Debit)
- Christmas Crackers
- Counterfeit Currency
- Dangerous Goods
- Driving License
- Drugs (Including Prescription)
- Excrement / Filth
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fish (Dead or Live)
- Foodstuffs (all kinds)
- Hazardous Goods
- Human Remains (including ashes)
- Infectious Substances
- Laptop computers, mobile or smart phones or tablets
- Lottery Tickets
- Nail Varnish / Nail Varnish Remover
- Perishable Goods (All)
- Plants / seeds etc.
- Printer Toner
- Seatbelt Tensioners and steering wheels
- Weapons (all kinds, including replicas)
Additionally, for international carriage there may be additional prohibited items specified by the country of origin and/or destination. The Company may at its sole discretion refuse to carry other items not listed here. Global and Country regulations are subject to change without prior notice.
- On EU services only you may now in fact send small amounts of:
- Shower gel.
- Other small amounts of non-flammable and non-alcohol based liquids, pastes & gels for personal use on holiday only.
- 11.6 Low value electrical and other non standard excess baggage items (excluding those included at 11.5 on the prohibited list) may be sent at the owner’s risk, should any customer deliver any such goods to us or cause us or our service providers to handle or deal with any such goods we shall be under no liability whatsoever for or in connection with such goods howsoever arising. If you send such items you agree to package them appropriately for the service provider and in line with manufacturer instructions and section 6 of these terms.
12. Bagsahead re seller scheme
- 12.1 Bagsahead offers an affiliate scheme open to all individuals and commercial organisations. Authorised members will receive an agreed commission (exc VAT) of the value of all orders placed by a referred customer. For the purposes of calculating the agreed commission, the order value will exclude any applicable taxes and surcharges such as over size or to a remote area.
- 12.2 Bagsahead commission is provided as a financial payment to commercial re sellers payable by BACS transfer. This is on a quarterly basis and as a credit voucher to individuals. The credit voucher to individuals for referrals can be used to purchase Bagsahead services at anytime 24 months from the referred booking. From time to time we may choose to offer a cash alternative to credit at our discretion, the cash alternative may be valued at less than the value of the credit.
- 12.3 Bagsahead may remove some or all credit from any account at any time for any reason.
- 12.4 Membership of the scheme will be refused on referred accounts which have the same or similar collection / delivery addresses to those associated with the referrer’s account.
13. Bagsahead competitions
13.1 We periodically run competition’s to win various prizes. These are always open to the general public and will exclude Bagsahead employees and their direct relatives.
- 13.2 Winners will be announced on social media and notified by phone followed by email confirmation.
- 13.3 All decisions taken by Bagsahead judges are final.
- 13.4 If a prize included travel the winner should maintain their own travel insurance and will be responsible for ensuring they have sufficient onward transport, accommodation and spending money, if part of the competition.
- 13.5 Prizes offer no monetary value to the winner and no cash alternatives are available.
- 13.6 Bagsahead reserves the right to cancel or withdraw a competition at any point.
- 13.7 Names, addresses and telephone numbers collected in the administration of the competition will only be used for competition purposes. We will not use them for any marketing purposes unless otherwise consented by the entrant.
- 13.8 Bagsahead will never pass on or sell personal information to any third party.
- 13.9 Bagsahead may from time to time provide a limited number of promotional items free. These items are posted free of charge and are at our discretion.
- 13.10 All competitions we run have a published final entry date specified. The draw for these competitions will take place 14 days after the published final entry date.
14. Discounting and promotional discounts
- 14.1 From time to time Bagsahead may offer discounts to their clients. In addition, discounts may also be offered to the Bagsahead Reseller Scheme. All discounts are applied at the sole discretion or Bagsahead and may be withdrawn at any time
- 14.2 When applicable, discounts will display clearly in the order summary. If an expected discount fails to apply, stop the order and contact us. No monetary value, compensation or refund will be offered in lieu of discount. Discounts only apply to orders placed online.
15. Price match guarantee
- 15.1 In order for Bagsahead to match a price, the quote must relate to a direct comparable shipment to or from the United Kingdom. The quote must come from an active and known specialist luggage shipper; the shipper must be of sufficient reputation; the quote must be available to the general public online for immediate booking; the quote must not require a promotional code; the service must be door to door. The service transit times must be clearly displayed online and similar to what Bagsahead are also offering. Any service must offer a local rate or toll free customer support number available at least 7 days / week. If the price match request is made by telephone or online chat the other party must have the same method of customer support available at the time of enquiry.